Polywater® UPR™ Wood Utility Pole Repair
Restore the integrity of damaged wood utility poles to maximize their life expectancy with woodpecker hold filler.
Polywater UPR-PR and UPR-NF (no flow) woodpecker hole repair kits make it easy to repair woodpecker damage, cracks, and pole line hardware holes on wood utility poles and cross arms, including sealing the pole top barrier. The resin and hardener of Polywater’s utility pole foam are specially formulated to expand and fill irregular-shaped cavities protecting poles from rot and returning them to a secure condition. UPR-NF woodpecker hole filler is formulated to thicken immediately and increase in viscosity as it expands, which decreases leaking out of cracks and crevices while speeding up application.
SDS – PR Type
SDS – NF Type
UPR-NF Tech Data Sheet
UPR-PR Tech Data Sheet
PR Use Instructions
NF Use Instructions
UPR Sealant Solution
Utility Pole Repair Solution
Utility pole foam completely fills irregular-shaped cavities—expands above primary hole and needs no pilot hole
Integrates with wood and expands in between fibers
Cures to the strength of wood poles
Safely holds climbing spikes or gaffs
Two-part formula mixes in nozzle when applied during installation
Deploy with a standard, high ratio caulking gun—no special tool required
- Poles must be inspected and tested before climbing per OSHA 1910.269 App D. Repairs made with Polywater’s utility pole foam satisfy OSHA requirements and reduce the likelihood of decay.
- Compressive strength is similar to Southern Yellow Pine and Douglas Fir tested by ASTM D1691.
- Repels moisture. Absorbs less than 1% water after aging for 7 days at 122°F (50°C)
- Seals are gaffable. The load to penetrate the UPR seal was measured with a pole cut out test using a Buckingham gaff. Values fall within the same range as Southern Yellow Pine and Douglas Fir.
- In Service Temperature Use Range: -40°F to 150°F (-40°C to 66°C)
- Can be injected directly into a woodpecker hole, no need to drill an extra pilot hole.
- Expands to fill all crevices and to the top of the woodpecker hole.
|Catalog #||Package description||Units/Case|
3 – 250-ml UPR™ Pole Repair cartridges
12 – 250-ml UPR™ Pole Repair cartridges
4 – 250-ml UPR™ No Flow Pole Repair cartridges
12 – 250-ml UPR™ No Flow Pole Repair cartridges
10 – 600-ml UPR™ No Flow Pole Repair cartridges
2 – 250-ml UPR™ No Flow Pole Repair cartridges
High ratio caulking gun
How To Purchase Polywater Products
Our wide range of products serving the global communications and electrical industries are available through our team of manufacturing representatives. Ready for pricing and purchasing information from your local representative?
We’ve Got The Answers You Need
Our team members can guide you through your planning process, any challenges or answer specific product questions.