Polywater® FST™ Foam Duct Sealant
Polywater’s foam duct sealants have a proven track record for providing durable and reliable protection in the toughest environments.
Polywater FST Duct Sealant is used to protect mission-critical electrical and telecommunication systems from water, gases, and other unwelcome intrusions. The closed-cell, foaming caulk technology evenly flows around cables and in conduit space to create a strong bond. The electrical conduit sealant expands and completely cures into a rigid, robust seal without relying on environmental moisture.
Technical Data Sheet
FST MINI-Technical Data Sheet
NEC Code for Sealing Conduits
Polywater® FST™ Sealant Solution Video
Application: Saturated Foam Method
Application: Saturated Foam Method–Running Water
FST Quantity Calculator
Holds 22 ft (6.7 m) continuous water head pressure and up to 90 ft (27 m) surges
Can seal conduits of all sizes and complex cable configurations
Duct sealant can be removed for future cable installations
Use with a wide range of cable jacket and conduit materials
MEETS ELECTRICAL CODE REQUIREMENTS
Creates airtight/watertight electrical conduit seals and is fire retardant
- Multi-use sealing foam cartridge can seal multiple conduits.
- FST-250 is recommended for conduits of 2 inches (50 mm) or larger. For conduits less than 2 inches (50 mm), FST-MINI is recommended.
- UL Recognized Component—Passes UL 94 with a class HBF rating
- Meets global codes and industry standards for sealing raceways and building entrances.
- NEC Class 1, Division 2 location sealant?, Articles 225.27, 230.8, 300.5 (G),300.7(A) 501.15 (B)(2); CSA 6-300 (3), 6-312 (1), 12-928 18-094 (3); TIA 220.127.116.11.8, 18.104.22.168.1, TDMM, IEC
- In Service Temperature Use Range: -20°F to 200°F (-30°C to 120°C)
- Has excellent adhesion to PVC, RGS, PE, EMT, and IMC. Holds 22 feet (6.7m) of water head pressure and up to 90-foot (27m) surges. Effective for stopping the flow of gasses as well.
- High strength. Compressive strength (ASTM D1621) is 145 psi (1.00 N/mm2) and tensile strength (ASTM D1623) is 120 psi (0.83 N/mm2)
- Has chemical resistance to gasoline, oils, dilute acids and bases, and most unsaturated hydrocarbon
|Catalog #||Package description||Units/Case|
1 – 8.5-oz / 240-gm two-part FST™ Foam Sealant caulking tube (cat# FST-250)
Same as FST-250KIT1 in a case of 6
1 – 8.5-oz / 240-gm two-part FST™ Foam Sealant caulking tube
10-pack of mixing nozzles for FST-250
1 – high-ratio caulking gun
1 – 24-in / 61-cm foam damming strip
1 – 50-ml cartridge
Same as FST-MINI-1 plus 1 – TOOL-50-11
*Sold in the US only
6 FST-MINI plus 1 – TOOL-50-11
*Sold in the US only
dispensing tool for FST-MINI
mixing nozzle 10-pack for FST-MINI
How To Purchase Polywater Products
Our wide range of products serving the global communications and electrical industries are available through our team of manufacturing representatives. Ready for pricing and purchasing information from your local representative?
We’ve Got The Answers You Need
Our team members can guide you through your planning process, any challenges or answer specific product questions.