Get ahead of potential cable damage with Pull-Planner™ 4.0
Our proprietary Pull-Planner 4.0 software is useful for designing effective conduit systems as cables are susceptible to damage when pulling tension and sidewall bearing pressure limits are exceeded.
Pull-Planner 4.0 can assist in:
- Estimating ending tension and sidewall pressure
- Eliminating splices
- Reducing the number of vaults and pull boxes
- Determining direction of pull
- Planning for future upgrades
- Analyzing jam probability
Polywater developed this software based on industry standards and hands-on testing methods from our technical team. We use our research and testing to maximize lubrication efficiency and develop realistic coefficient of friction guidance. Pull-Planner 4.0 is trusted by engineers, designers, and project managers to proactively anticipate and navigate challenges in complex projects.
The Pull-Planner is a beautiful thing that has made my job easier by doing the hard work of calculating pull tension and generating my pull plan for long pulls with heavy wire. I’ve worked closely with the Polywater team for nearly 20 years, and they are consistently my go-to source of knowledge and resources.— Chuck Baird
Alaska Line Builders, LLC
Pull-Planner 4.0 is a go-to resource for project managers and engineers that design and plan conduit raceways and underground network systems. The 4.0 version offers:
- Expanded functionality to separate straight runs from bend segments and allow all data input on one screen for ease-of-use
- Accommodates different pull methods and field conditions—variable friction, rollers, reverse pulls, tension back calculation, push/pull devices, and more
- Stores a personalized database of cable specifications and pull data
Pull-Planner 4.0 has an intuitive interface so you can easily calculate cable pulling tension.
- User-friendly interface
- Multiple languages
- Measurements in pounds (lbf), kilonewtons (kN), and kilograms (kgf)
- Extensive COF database including multiple cable jacket and conduit types
- Specific training topic support videos online
A comprehensive help menu backed with technical support and engineering seminars from Polywater
Pull-Planner 4.0 is easy to download and operate.
- Available in four languages: English, Spanish, German, and French
- Accessible as an internet download
- Operates on standard Windows and allows for data transfer to Excel for printing, saving, and documenting
- Installation consumes 125 megabytes of hard-drive space
- Pull-Planner 4.0 accepts pull and cable data saved under previous Pull-Planner software versions
Overview of Pull-Planner 4.0 program and capabilities:
Coefficient of Friction Testing Methods Video
High-performance cable lubricants are specially engineered to reduce frictional forces between the cable and the conduit or duct wall surfaces during a cable pull. Optimal friction reduction allows for longer and safer cable pulls. To maximize a cable pull, it is important to have accurate friction values.
Polywater Pull-Planner 4.0 Cable Installation Planning Software Video
Wondering what the Polywater Pull-Planner is, or how it can help you or your company? Watch this overview video to see how our effective software is used and relied on by engineers worldwide when planning their cable installations.
Subscribe to THE TRANSMISSION from Polywater
Get the latest knowledge and insights within the electrical and communications industries quarterly in your inbox
Product Quantity Calculators
Try our easy-to-use calculators which will help you find the quantities needed for your project.
Smarter Design & Planning Resources
Our technical papers and best practices help you design and plan projects of all sizes.
Ready to plan your pull?
We’re here to help you.