Polywater® CGL Lubricant
A high-performance slow-drying cable lubricant compatible with all cable jackets in the communications industry.
Polywater® CGL is a slow-drying cable lubricant that leaves a thin, slippery film that retains its lubricity for months after use. Polywater CGL does not sustain flame when used with fire-retardant cables and systems. Its dried residue is nonconductive and noncombustible. As a cable-jacket-compatible lubricant, CGL is ideal for fiber optic, copper or coaxial cable pulls.
LOW FRICTION COEFFICIENT
Tension reduction on all types of cable jackets
HIGH CLING FACTOR
Clings to jacket for better lubrication on long runs
Meets performance requirements in outside plant and premise applications
Contains no grease or waxes and will not cement cables in conduit
Including LSZH/LSHF, fire-rated, and plenum cable jackets
- Meets Telcordia GR-356-CORE; Generic Requirements for Optical Cable Innerduct, Associated Conduit, and Accessories.
- Is UL Listed. UL Listed to Canadian safety standards.
- Is a gel material and can be applied by hand or using Polywater’s LP-D5 pump.
- Is safe for the aquatic environment and meets California regulation CCR 22.
- Is suitable for use on PE and low-smoke zero-halogen (LSZH) communication cable jackets.
- Comes in two grades: Regular Grade and Winter Grade (for cold weather use in temperatures as low as -20°F / -30°C).
- Can also be pumped using the LP-D5 Drill-Powered Pump.
|Catalog #||Winter Grade Catalog #||Package description||Units/Case|
1-quart / 0.95-liter squeeze bottle
1-gallon / 3.8-liter pail
5-gallon / 18.9-liter pail
1-quart / 0.95-liter bag (12 in box)
1-quart / 0.95-liter bag (16 in pail)
½-gallon / 1.9-liter bag (6 in box)
½-gallon / 1.9-liter bag (10 in pail)
How To Purchase Polywater Products
Our wide range of products serving the global communications and electrical industries are available through our team of manufacturing representatives. Ready for pricing and purchasing information from your local representative?
We’ve Got The Answers You Need
Our team members can guide you through your planning process, any challenges or answer specific product questions.