Polywater® Type RP™ Fast-Evaporating Cable Cleaner
A fast, safe and efficient high-voltage/medium-voltage (HV/MV) cable preparation and multipurpose cleaner.
Polywater® Type RP™ cable cleaner evaporates quickly and is noncarcinogenic, making it safe for workers and the environment. The lint-free, PEL-PAC® single wipes limit solvent vapor exposure and waste, easily fitting into tool bags and splicer kits. It is available in a wide range of bulk and kit packaging options to meet various usage types.
Evaporates quickly and leaves no residue
Approved by medium voltage cable manufacturers
Excellent alternative to volatile halogenated solvents
High dielectric strength of 56kV meets IEEE 1493
Practical packaging for fast, easy electrical cleaning
- The PEL-PAC® System promotes proper cleaning techniques and limits the use of excess solvent. Pre-saturated wipes contain a carefully measured quantity of solvent and are an excellent way to control vapor. Using a measured solvent quantity on each wipe allows users to maintain solvent vapor below occupational exposure limits (OELs). Additionally, this design eliminates spill and ingestion hazards.
- Passes IEEE 1493 Physical Compatibility with rubbers and plastics.
- Passes IEEE 1493 Electrical Compatibility with insulation shield.
- Clean, non-linting wipes use hydroentangled, synthetic fibers.
- Does not stress crack polycarbonate.
- Good dielectric strength: >40 kV, ATM D877 100 mil gap.
- Low residue (<100 ppm).
- Fast evaporating.
- Non-corrosive to copper and other metals.
Saturated wipe in sealed pouch 5-in x 8-in / 127-mm x 203-mm
Saturated wipe in sealed pouch 8-in x 12-in / 203-mm x 304-mm
Cable preparation kit bag includes:
16-fl. oz / 475-ml aerosol can
1-quart / 0.95-liter bottle with flip top
1-gallon / 3.8-liter bottle
5-gallon / 18.9-liter can
How To Purchase Polywater Products
Our wide range of products serving the global communications and electrical industries are available through our team of manufacturing representatives. Ready for pricing and purchasing information from your local representative?
We’ve Got The Answers You Need
Our team members can guide you through your planning process, any challenges or answer specific product questions.